Dear Bach Friends and LBS Supporters
Thank you so much to all our donors, Bach Friends and Charitable Trusts who help us to make our annual Bachfest possible. The joy of planning our annual Bachfest is to be repeatedly reminded of the richness of Bach’s music and his on going musical influence that spans nearly three centuries. None is more so apparent than in the programme devised for our 24th series.
We contribute to national remembrance with our WW1 Centenary Reflection and to the Hanoverian Succession celebrations with our contemporary tribute to the Bach-Abel subscription concerts that were founded in mid-18th century Georgian London. From 1775 this annual series took place in the Hanover Square Rooms that became the capital’s premier concert hall and they were forerunners of the public concert format we enjoy today. The original site was just a few yards away from Handel’s Parish Church, St. George’s Church Hanover Square – our home for the 2014 Bachfest.
I can promise you glorious music played by some stellar artists to rival those in the glittering Bach-Abel circle, including our own orchestra Steinitz Bach Players directed by the brilliant Rodolfo Richter. Did you know that the viola d’amore (14 Nov) is an English invention? Come and join us! With all good wishes
Margaret Steinitz (Artistic Director)
Bachfest 2014 1-14 November
Download your copy of the programme by clicking on the link
Booking: (Click on the link that follows the notes to download a Booking Form):
- To book using your debit/credit card call 01883 717372. There is a booking fee of £1 per transaction and your tickets will be posted to you.
- Tickets may be booked now and will be posted out after 8 September 2014.
- All tickets must be paid for at the time of booking.
- The ticket order form posted is for postal bookings only.
- We aim to post out pre-booked tickets within 5 days, whether bookings are made by phone or by post
- Bach Friends and LBS Members will each receive a Ticket Order Form with their September mailing, but may use the form posted here if they so wish.
- Tickets will also be on sale at the door on the day and subject to availability – see Bachfest brochure for opening times
- To download and print out a booking form, click on the link.
Get Involved….join Bach Friends, be a Bachfest Volunteer.
Bach Friends support the London Bach Society and its annual Festival. Using the Navigation click on Bach Friends to find out more and join online today.
Mailing List: It costs just £15 per year to join our mailing list. To be included call 01883 717372 and have your card handy.
Volunteers are invited to help at the Festival Please call 01883 717372 or email email@example.com if you would like be involved.. Stewarding…Programming selling….help with Bach Friends table at all events… help with post concert Bach Friends and guests’ reception on 14 November…general assistance
The latest issue of the London Bach Society’s Journal is now available to download. Click on the link to obtain your copy.